Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I sleep with a fan on to drown out road noise and have even slept with ear plugs in. In my estimation it is entirely possible that the police did announce themselves and it is entirely possible that the man that fired the shots didn't know it was the police. Maybe all he saw was the bright lights of their flashlights.

I guess I should apologize for being non-binary on this forum.

maybe we should relay on the testimony and facts the grand jury had in hand instead of internet speculation.

When is Walker's trial for whatever he was charged with for shooting at the cops.

The grand jury based on evidence presented to them declined to press charges. They are a jury of 12 in Kentucky requiring a 9 member majority for charges. They had access to much more than you do. That is a fact. That is the law as it is in Kentucky.

Walker case is distinct from whether to charge the officers. IOW, even if Walker was not guilty of anything at all the decision as to whether the officers were justified is a distinct set of facts.

If you had read, even remotely attentively, you would see that my responses have been narrowly focused on Walker's response. I don't know why in the hell you are addressing yesterday's GJ results with me.

If you want to switch topics, my opinion is that dropping the charges against Walker was correct and that the GJ got it right yesterday.