Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by KFWA
I dunno, if someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night......

I bet every one of us has a gun placed somewhere strategic just for that reason

know this: The cops KNOCKED and identified themselves before busting in on a legal warrant...

You do realize that that exact pattern is standard practice in home invasion robbery, though, right?

I don't know about "standard pattern", but what are the cops supposed to do if they knock and the folks inside either refuse verbally to open the door or say nothing?

Like high speed chases through the center of town, I think nighttime home raids should be outlawed due to the too high likelihood of death to innocent parties. Serve the warrant during daylight hours, in uniform, with several marked cop cars within view of the house's windows. The only exception should be where there's credible evidence that some innocent party's life is immanently at risk within the home.

Can't disagree with any of this. But I still think it should be a viable option as in an obvious case of terrorism or imminent death of someone, like a hostage for example.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”