Marlin M39! The M39A has been in production longer than any other design still being offered (I think?). And for many reasons. They are incredible little works of art with that dainty little receiver, all steel construction, American black walnut stocks, and super slick actions. The M39 takes down for easy cleaning. The design has earned a reputation for ruggedness and reliability. And accuracy! In my preference, the 39A, we have a nice hefty barrel that balances so well and makes offhand shooting and field shooting a breeze. The M39 has brought many a meal to the table of American families over the decades. Cottontails, squirrels, and heaven only knows what other game species have been turned to a meal by the little .22LR lever gun. The little lever action .22LR has also protected the chicken coop from foxes, coons, and coyotes. In the old days "chicken hawks" were kept at bay. Pest such as burrowing groundhogs under the barn, skunks, opposums, and venomous reptiles were the duties of the M39A. Who could possibly guess how many young marksmen were taught safety, responsibility, and honed their hunting and rifle skills with a M39? Ahhh, fellows these are beautiful little rifles with a rich history of service. The M39A is my pick...
[Linked Image]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.