Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Hopefully Ruger fixes Marlin QC. Someone could bring back Remington as a mid range brand with the 700, bag the cheapo lines and keep the scatter guns.

Green box Remington ammo has always been decent and popular.

Joke of the day!

Ruger has been making Blaxkhawks in 45 for what 50 years. Plus.

And they still can't get the throats right.

How many years did they put bad barrels on their guns?
And fanboys blame the vendors. cry

A batch? Maybe. Should they have found it?
But over years?

No, Rugers quality control is way to schiddy to fix anybody's mess.

Mule Deer:
" I've owned a pile of 77's of all eras. While one barrel truly sucked (a 7x57 with a bore that had numerous loose spots, with the tight spots measuring .287), all the others shot anywhere from acceptably to very well. My acceptable rating is three shots in an inch for big game rifles, and five shots in an inch for varmint rifles, and very well is half that. Most of them required some work on the bedding and trigger, but then a lot of factory rifles do."

Boxer - Big Stick:
"I've Ruger familiarity and accept them for what they are. Light or bullet proof they are not, though curiously enough they are oft maligned by the masses for "accuracy" woe which I've yet to see, though of course I shoot a bit, which tend to tip numerous scales."
A general comment about the rifles I owned and owned by others is, some would show respectable accuracy from the get go, others it would take several rounds to show respectable accuracy, some liked a clean barrel, some shot best with a dirty barrel. But, you know, I have seen this behavior in other rifle makes and models, too.

One rifle I owned shot great from the start then suddenly groups opened up...way up. A gunsmith member at the gun club shared a tip to see if it corrected the problem. He said it is possible the angle screw touched the stock hole after a few rounds. Further advised to take the gun apart and slightly ream the stock hole with a 1/4" round file. WOW! That cured the problem. I have helped 2 or 3 other club members do the same thing.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime