Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by roundoak
OK, so it is obvious it will shoot in some guns, but not just yours.

Riiight it must be my lack of firearm maintenance. That Remington Thunderbolt ammunition is far and away one of the most (probably the most) absolutely hated .22 lr on the market with countless negative reviews describing similar issues would say otherwise.

I read that they produced lead fouling so I had to see for myself. Bought a box of Thunderturds and fired them through a Ruger pistol. Got strips of lead in the bore.

If roundoak is happy with his gun and those groups he posted, good for him. I wouldn't be. Minute of squirrel isn't good enough for me. My 10/22 carbine with factory barrel will shoot consistently into 3/4 inch at 50 yards with decent factory ammo, not match grade. Have to wonder what his cleaning protocol is. Maybe he subscribes to the "never clean a .22" school. As far as the operator, I know jnyork shoots silhouette competition, so I trust his judgment, and I shoot matches also, factory class. I know how to shoot and maintain a .22.

Paul
Yep, I am happy with the groups with that ammo and the iron sighted 1906. Is that 10/22 carbine scoped? As far as my cleaning protocol, I shoot until accuracy falls off. I don't shoot matches with 22 rimfires or centerfires, just small game, big game and varmints.

Good for you that you know how to shoot and maintain a 22 and glad you put it in the thread so there is no question about your experience.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime