Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Ridge, I gripe and moan occasionally about the many new in box rugers I've owned over the years. Coming out of the box with issues. BUT, it's like griping about a family member that pisses you off, at the end of the day, you still have love for em.

Here in Alaska, so many hard working people, who can't afford expensive sht, fill their freezers year after year, with well worn Rugers.

I guesstimate that over the past 15 years, Ruger has made about $6000 off me. In every instant that I had a problem, they've FIXED IT.

About the only 77 that makes sense to me anymore, is the Hawkeye African. With the thread protector on (no muzzle brake b.s.):

It looks like a normal hunting rifle with good open sights.

The do-nothing tactical and long range blowhards, have really effected the bolt action hunting rifle line ups of present day.

I agree with you about family member comparison. I have a couple family members I could have a fist fight tonight and eat breakfast together in the morning ha.
Good customer service means a lot. Prefer not too need it but it’s nice too know it’s there. Although I actually have zero Rugers at the moment I have always liked them. Revolvers, rifles whatever.