Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I wish companies like howa would quit trying to pass cerekote off as stainless. They don't cerekote the bore and that's where I like some extra corrosion resistance. If they want to narrow what they are manufacturing drop the blued steel stuff and make everything out of stainless.

If peopled want blued looking or matte black guns offer the stainless in a nitrided version. I wonder how many more dollars stainless material is at their cost verses blued steel. You don't have to blue or coat SS so it seems like that could offset some of the steel material price differences.

Bb

You can thank LSI, the importer, not Howa, for that. I suspect they thought they could turn a quick buck somehow with that bad idea. Weatherby still sells some in SS, and lo and behold, LSI has a couple too, including a SS with a walnut stock, which was the model I inquired about at my LGS. Someone on here from OZ said that they even get SS Minis. I’m hoping that eventually Brownells, the exclusive distributer here for the barreled actions, will snag some in SS eventually.

I have a Knight ML that’s nitride over SS, about as good as it gets.

What fresh Hell is this?