It even worse for left handed folk. I feel fortunate in that I picked up one of the Ruger Scout rifles in 308 and a Hawkeye compact riflenin 338RCM. Other than the bolt starting out a little rough in action I really love these rifles and the compact feel and handling. The triggers on mine are excellent and they are accurate rifles. I am planning on getting a stainless scout version if possible.

Ive got some old milsurp collectable 30-06 rifles but nothing left hand. I always wanted a commercial left hand 30-06 and yesterday I picked up a used MKII 30-06 locally. The finish is blued but far better than current Ruger products and the action while longer than my short action versions is smooth and tighter. The MKII is nicely put together but the trigger is amongst the worst on a bolt action ive come across. Price was $400 but I feel that is fair and I walked away with a true left hand 30-06 ive always wanted and I will address the trigger myself. I truly wish Ruger would just keep some models of stainless available for the 77 Hawkeye models. They don't have to make huge runs, but at least enough to supply the market and get the finish up to level it was in the tanger and MKII era. Im happy to have the 3 left hand 77 riflesni scored and they are my go to bolt actions. Theres plenty of crappy synthetic stocked rifles out there companies build for cheap and sell for high profit margin. Lots of them. But whats really lacking in the market are the classic hunting rifles and we are losing that heritage. There isn't any more Remington (i could care less), and winchester really doesn't exist anymore, and Ruger is alive and well but mostly caters to the polymer and cheap product market. I hope Ruger at least does runs of their classic rifles in the future.