Since Ruger is one of the few American firearms companies that are thriving, I imagine they are making good decisions about what to make for the current market at any point in time. Models come and go, and come back when they think the timing is right. Right now, the market seems to be focused on cheap and accurate. Hawkeyes cost more to make than many are willing to pay, but specialty models like the Hunter, Predator, and Target must be selling well, or they’d not be making them. Not long ago, Hawkeye All-Weathers were available at a considerable discount, indicating that the supply line was over-supplied. I bought a couple myself, and still have the .223. The three I’ve owned were all good shooters, and totally trouble-free. When I gave my son the choice of several of my rifles, he picked the .308 Predator, which he had borrowed for a cull hunt and liked very much. Too bad for me!

From comments I’ve read here, I’m guessing threaded barrels appeal to about as many as they don’t. Don’t want one myself, but don’t object to it being there.

What fresh Hell is this?