The bolt of a 95, in front of the locking lugs, is basically Swiss cheese. It looks like termites went after it. There is no protection, in the event of a case rupture or pierced primer.

I touch one of these off at 30 below zero from a dog sled. Swiss cheese bolt at 30 below, ponder that for a moment.

Bottom line: keep the pressures down around 50,000 psi. When the 95s let's go, it turns into a hand grenade.

This bear encounter bull sht is so incessant on this forum, its thicker than the alders Ed Stevenson hunted in.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I had a primer let loose on a browning blr, I had no eye protection on. The force was severe enough to damage the fore arm wood. Because of the design, to protect in the event of a case failure, many thousands of psi did not destroy my eyes. The 95 has no protective measures.

I've spent my entire child hood and adult life, running leverguns. I have an illogical bias for em, just like Ed may have. Through that bias, I will not hesitate to admit that the bolt action big game rifle is sufficient and more fitting to the Alaskan environment.

I only speak from experience, after putting away thousands of lbs of meat with both designs.

Sunk a paddling canoe, lining up a swift creek. Lashed in the canoe was a CZ 550. With no tools and five minutes of work, the silty mess was cleaned out of the gun, and was back in action.

Good luck cleaning a lever gun after such an incident. I hope you bring a tool kit.....