This is interesting because I am bias towards leverguns being a left hand user, they just work and suit me. Im also a big fan of the Mauser pattern rifles as well and have Ruger Hawkeyes as my bolt actions.

Now that I think of it a person is really in a bind if a John Browning levergun needs cleared or cleaned out in the field such as Maine In Ak suggests per a scenario. A Marlin 336 model is possible to disassemble afield and maintain easily but I dont attempt to disassemble my Winchesters because the parts are many, and its above my pay grade at the present. I can't imagine performing it afield unless one had tools and was a gunsmith. On the other hand ive got a few Mauser 98 rifles that are super easy to take apart without tools and my Ruger Hawkeye requires a paperclip or small nail to disassemble the bolt.

Personally I carry a Leatherman multitool and I hate to be without. Even so I see Mainer In Alaska point of the strength, simplicity, and safety of the bolt action compared to an lever action. For me the lever action is easier to work the action cycle and is faster as well, but I understand the upside of the bolt action and in particular the Mauser pattern with its robust feed and extraction features.

The Browning BLR is a neat rifle but man are they highly complicated and forget about any field maintenance.

Last edited by oldpinecricker; 10/12/20.