Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Get sick intentionally? Hell no. Fear getting it? No. Why would you intentionally get something that has some unknown and possibly lasting effects?

Even when you've had it, you still have to follow whatever stupid rules are there for things like flying, stores, restaraunts etc.

One of the reasons I’m thinking about thus is that I’m around folks on a somewhat regular basis that are anywhere from medium to rather high risk. If I were immune, I can’t get them sick.

That , and I’m sick and sick, and sick and TIRED of this crap and want to just rip the bandaid off.....

Hey Dutch,

I mentioned being about ready to do as you propose a couple of weeks back. I'm about done with it all. Want to get it over with, not just for me, but for "society" at large.

Not sure where we're going to end up with all this, the radio program I was listening to the other day was really leaning towards all of the "new normal" crap, of course it was NPR. (shocked I wasn't). They did mention some things they were doing in Taiwan that appeared to be working, not too terribly intrusive, but enough many of us would not go for it here.

When the numbers all shake out later in this saga, maybe we'll know if this crap is "worse" than the related cold viruses, and like them we humans never end up with a perfect immunity to it.

If, there is more than one strain, as appears to have been genetically seen already, we might all just be fugged and we hope if we get it it isn't too bad. Mr Nevada mentioned in the above study appears to have been relatively healthy, yet his second case seems to have been his worse. Maybe "we" get lucky and it gets shown that most folks develop a stronger immunity than that fellow.

Sure doesn't seem to be getting any more convenient for any of use.

Hope the fishies are doing well.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?