Originally Posted by Dutch
Geno, the science is still imperfect, but we know that about 40% of the population has a T-cell response to COVID, and about the same number appears to be immune (asymptomatic). Others get it twice? I thing the “publish or perish” pressure is not doing the reputation of science in general any favors, there’s faint odors of yellow journalism mixed in.

Occam’s razor: I find it hard to believe that in the 100,000 years hominids have lived in caves, with bats, that this is the FIRST time C19 jumped the species barrier and only NOW, after all those eons and gazillion exposures does C19 become a permanent,recurring, infection of the human (and mink) species.

Fishes are doing swimmingly, hope you got the ‘maters in before the frost.

Yes to Occam's, but you probably know that viruses mutate over time and can become more, or even less, virulent and from what I've read also gain the ability to "jump" species. And I'm still not convinced this is a natural crossing of the species boundary. I'm certainly no tin hatter, but do find it highly coincidental this "bat virus" getting into humans seems to have originated in proximity to a Chinese laboratory? As you say, mankind has been doing the cave thing all over the world, why not a cave in Mexico? Or Europe? Why Wuhan?? Simplest explanation "because it did"? Or simplest explanation " because someone there was working with it" ?

As to the "publish or perish" thing. It doesn't seem to me to be the case here. In the fish world I do know that when anything new occurred, something similar to this news, the folks publishing it have no other reliable way of getting the news out to others in the industry so those folks could test to see if it was happening in their area too. Not sure about the yellow journalism thing either. The fact they actually listed their limitations in the quotes OldHat provided shows me they're not entirely proposing that they are "right". Seems they're just noting "This is what we found and it needs more exploring into" . But as I said, I have a bit of a trusting nature, I'm not ready for the tin foil yet............except perhaps in the case of a bat virus starting to infect humans near a major Chinese viral research facility.

Taters in the one bed are "dug". Very little digging in my method, pull back the mulch and there they are. +/- 30lbs from one 4'x8' bed, not a bad harvest in my mind. I've got some other volunteers in another bed to dig too.

Before the frost? .......You're kidding, right? We've had frost since mid-late Sept, not every night, last night it was in the low 40's!. Still have tomatoes and peppers under cover that are alive even.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?