Hi! Don’t know exactly where you’re going or what your intentions, your budget or projected costs to ‘put it right’ in the new chambering proposed. In other words, I’m largely in the dark. And so! To speak in generalities. First, my prejudices. I do like the 9.3x62 and have a quite nice Husqvarna Model 640, FN actiona based rifle in that chambering. So, you’re talking my sort of thing! smile But, that said…

My more than several Enfield conversions from another era. One where labor was cheap, such conversions common and with market. Nowadays a whole other ball game. Don’t know whether your speaking about reboring and leaving matter at that. Or any further ‘civilizing’.

My first inclinatin to say that a 20” barrel very questionable in terms of the 9.3 potential. I’d not do it unless something exotic such as Mannlicher carbine. Just not to get full ‘money’s worth’ potential from such barrel. So what about rebarreling? Again, costs???

The bottom line, whatever conversion, sounds like you have an, excuse me, plastic stocked utility rifle. Rechambering – whatever necessary – you’ll still have such rifle. If you’re good with that, fine. Concerning ‘value added’, likely not to extent of investment. My bottom line, economic… No. Ringing your chimes… Only you to decide! A small buying streak in the eighties where I picked up most of my P17 Enfied sporters. All, on the cheap. Large, heavy and not modern. I could appreciate them, but that at average of $150-$200 a pop. I like the cock on closing just fine, I’d not convert. I also like the ‘one-extra’ mag capacity, but it makes for a deep mag and most “sporter’ definitions required the bottom metal be straightened and mag box cut. Don’t know how your B&C worked out with “as issued”.

My one 9.3x62 rifle, Husqvarna Model 640/FN mauser action. A sweet rifle, pix below. I gave $300 for it about 2005 or so. Not D&T for scope as I prefer this model! More are D&T and no extra value=added. I believe perhaps $400-$500 such Husky in our desired 9.3x62 could yet be had. These Huskys sleepers for some years and yet bit of such still. Were I to build from an action, I’d certainly use a pre 64 Win 70 to springboard from there.

Just my take!

Best & Stay Safe!
John

Attached Images
R272-8.jpg (29.36 KB, 387 downloads)
R272-10.jpg (25.31 KB, 391 downloads)
R272-16U.jpg (13.86 KB, 374 downloads)
Last edited by iskra; 10/17/20.