Sorry I didn't take the time to stage the photo someplace with good light, or a better background.

Yes it's a very utilitarian rifle. B&C fiberglass stock, bobbed barrel, Weaver mounts, 6x Leupold (had a 2.5x Leupold on it for a while, years ago). It was converted to cock on opening long ago. Has a Timney trigger.

Dad had it in a decent walnut stock - but that stock never fit me worth a hoot. It's been in the B&C stock for at least 12 years.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My son used it to take two good bears on spot & stalk hunts here in Washington. He also shot a few whitetail bucks with it here too. We like it as the 30-06, but I got curious about bumping it up a bit with a re-bore from JES to 9.3 and seeing how that would work for bear, elk, and possibly moose. Not that a 30-06 can't do those things too. I mean heck, I shot a grizzly with my other 30-06 just a few years ago.

Probably no real reason to convert it to a 9.3 or a 35 Whelen, but I wanted to get some input. Figured such a rifle might be real useful for some things.

John/ISKRA - thanks for the input - JES has no need to even remove the barrel, keeping it a real cost-effective way of going to a larger bore.

Regards, Guy

Last edited by Cascade; 10/18/20.