Well Cascade... Have to give you... More than steel & plastic. It's not just a functional rifle - never challenged. But also, I do like the aesthetics. Maybe "modern functional-handsome". "Clean lines." You've made a nice job of converting. Also, as others, truly seeing a family-connect heirloom. The objective positive aesthetics and the subjective dad-son history... A rifle of special meaning. I still don't know what your costs to be and doubt it could compete well in the marketplace, but you have a powerful combo argument for the "warm & fuzzy" side of ownership picture. I'm also with some 'warm fuzzy' connects of my own; very special rifles. Central a pure collector given to me by my dad as I was fourteen. Of course it's an Austrian Wänzl 14x33mm Rimfire. Don't bother trying Walmart for ammo! Quarter century since my dad's death, but still a 'connect' with the Wänzl!
Thanks for the photos, family ones especially! Go for the conversion in terms of attachment/memories dollars substitute or replace.
Best & Keep Safe!
John