Sorry for the late posting but everything has been hectic with the hunting,work and election
Yesteray morning I has 2 small buck come right past me on the Jabbar property,there had been activty on my cell cameras all night and Jabbar was through the area. Things petered out fast as temperaters rose to 70 degrees yesterday.
The afternoon hunt had me scratching my head on where to hunt. I drove all the way to the Jabbar property and as I got there decided to leave and go to the old turk property.
I finally had the right wind to hunt the pine stand over looking the golden rod field with apple tree.
Bumped 2 doe coming into the property.checked camera cards on the way in and the big 8pt had come by apple tree cam at 3:30 am
I settled in with the 70 degree weather and bugs flying around my head.
I saw 1 doe in the distance and she worked her way away from me.

Then with about 1/2 hr of light still left I saw movment 140 yds away on the ridge across from me,it was a buck and he looked good with the breif glance I got of him as he slipped acrose the bank and out of sight.
Now what happened next is something I have never seen nor experience in all my years of hunting!
As he slips out of sight I grab my grunt call and give 3 loud deep grunts. Next thing I see is a flash of brown 142 yds away come barreling towards me,he turned and came running at full speed he went down into the gully and up over the crest on my side he runs over and straight at me he stops about 70 yards aeay dead i n front of me. He's looking and starts to walk right at me,
He stops again and he starts looking in to the hardwoods beyond me and to his right. I have had 2 squirrels chasing each other around all afternoon so I figured he hears them russeling in the leaves. He turns towards the hardwoods and strts to walk that way but on an angle stil in my direction. I hit the grunt again once he id in the woods and he stops and looks but move forward and the I see the doe that had gotten his attention away from me .
He runs at her and she eludes him and starts walking right towards me! great she is going to walk out right on the run past my tree I think!
Nope my bad luck kicks back in and the buck runs at her again and she bolts back in the opposite direction from my and he follows her away through the hardwoods towards the front of the property.

I sat for the rest of the hunt and saw 1 smal doe work her way to the apple tree. As it was almost time to climb dowm my alert goes of from one of my cell cameras. Stone fence camera it's jabbar going past my stand to the scrape it over looks. Can't say it was a bad call going where I did as I almost grunted in a shooter buck. I got a picture of hi going by my stand and camera on the front of the property.
I'll keep trying to it will be unseasonably warm( 60's to 70) degrees all the way till next Thursady.

Buck I grunted in(time is 1 hr off )

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jabbar paying a visit

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT