Re the nineties era Super Grades without black forend tips. First the general - caveat - remark about universal to viewing/conjuring 'out of the ordinary' in guns (& most other things). Even a few weeks is more than sufficient time post-factory to alter 'stuff'. When talking decades or century, the rule tends to become, 'more likely' non-original than original. Thus for collectors the coveted "original" status! For instance, re our stock subject here, a replacement custom stock could be fabricated to appear just as genuine. In such, if era made repro, usually not talking "counterfeit". More likely just era casualty replacement or custom dimensions or whims, etc.

That said... The earliest reintro Winchester Model 70 CRF models of the nineties, were Winchester "Custom Shop" models. First thousand came with certificates attesting to such Custom Shop status. These were actually titled "Custom Super Grade". That production did NOT have the black forend tip. The question then becomes, did the remainder of the 1991 production, estimated year total at ten thousand, include a Super Grade and if so, did it carry such tip. I don't know. I do suspect that 'if' the Super Grade was reintroduced then, it might well have moved forward with the same pattern - non tip - as the initial certificated 'whoop de do' models. According to Winchester official timeline Internet listing, it was in 1992; I quote: "The Pre-’64 Model 70 action returns to general production." My belief that by 1992, the Super Grade had evolved back to fulfill the "Classic" model design including the black tip. My own example is early 1993 production.

The 'net', yes there were some earliest reintroduction "Custom Shop" Winchester "Custom Super Grades" which omitted the black tip. From an Internet auction listing, photo of one such with letter of authenticity = first thousand.

Best & Stay Safe!
John