Thanks Much re... That 1992 Winchester Catalog Super Grade reference. It was a gem! Confirming a rumor long unsubstantiated to my knowledge. Barrel, receiver and bolt; all three chrome moly steel.
Receiver and bolt 'Cro-Mo', setting it quietly apart from a host of other competent rifles but not the heralded 'chrome moly! Also the interesting sidenote, of "Stainless Steel" extractor, which surprised me considering the inherent sustainable 'spring action' quality necessary!

I don't know how long that trio of chrome moly steel may have lasted. I doubt 'to date' or even likely into our 2K decades.

As far as that "kinda" Super Grade couple years era, what to say. Absence of the Model 70 Super Grade CRF scene a quarter century! Absence of the Ford Bronco longer. To expect 'same thing' as reminiscing of ages prior... Often a hope more than realistic expectation. As the 70 Super Grade configuration did return to the classic fold motif, just very lucky! When such does occur, just be happy... and surprised!

If anyone out there has the 1993 through 1999 Winchester Factory Catalogs, good photos of the Model 70 pages. Hope you'll come forward with decent pix!

Again, Thanks AK!
Best!
John