Originally Posted by AKwolverine
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15511625#Post15511625

Here is a nice one currently in the classifieds.

All the examples I have seen have been either early custom shop super grade guns, the early custom classics, or early 5 digit classic supergrades (such as the one above).

From a date range, that would correspond to ~’88 for the earliest custom shop CRF guns to ~ ‘92 for the example above.

I'd be very cautious concerning the rifle in your reference above. Red flags!
Correct that some of the earliest nineties era Super Grade iterations lacked the black forend tip. The rifle above also lacks: select quality figured SG wood! Yet too, it's significantly lacking the characteristic SG swivel bases which - to my information - even the earliest of these 1991 Custom Shop Super Grades w/o black tips did incorporate! Perhaps the photo angle, but the recoil pad also appears ill-fitted (bulge) at the top. The "Super Grade" floorplate w/nomenclature is available in the marketplace. IF this truly is simply an early Super Grade, the "...of sorts", connotation logically appended; noting it lacks much of the SG pizzazz I'd expect and wouldn't do without. I'd not want it period!
Just my take
Best & Happy Holidays!
John