Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
I wouldn't buy another diesel. The government is doing everything they can with emissions equipment/ DEF fluid to kill them off...If you do buy one, you better use the crap out of it...Put a ton of miles on it weekly at highway speeds to burn out all the garbage/ soot the emissions systems are blowing back into the engine

Or, relocate to a state that doesn’t “police” your vehicles! memtb

You think there will be a state like that in the US much longer? The Government already shut down the best diesel tune company's in the US like Green Diesel Engineering and made them make their tunes emissions compliant. You pretty much have to go through Canada now to get a decent illegal tune that shuts off the emissions crap and could void your warranty if dealers choose to pursue it....Although I love my diesel, it's just not worth it to me because the regulation is only going to get worse...

You are basically rolling the dice buying one and putting a tune in it or turning off the EGR. You are gambling you can pass emissions and that a dealer wont void your warranty when something major happens mechanically.[[[[[[[[[[[ In some places in Canada they already have checkpoints on the Highways where they routinely check emissions on diesels and will tow your truck if it fails?.]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]...How long before the nanny Democrat run states here start doing that?

WHERE

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky