Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by MM879
I would look for a 2018 or newer RAM 6.4L Hemi. That is the the first year for the 8 speed auto trans. I have a 2017 6.4L, 6 speed with 4:10 axles and it get 1 mpg less than the Diesels. Diesel is great if you need it. I don't purchase for the 1% use.

BS, you won't get within 5 mpg of my deleted 2013 Ram 3500 4x4 with 300k on the odometer. My advice is, don't buy a newer diesel truck unless your prepared to trade before the warranty is up, or you completely delete the emission BS. IMO, the best diesel trucks ever made are the Ford 2005 - 2007 once you delete and bullet proof them.

I never compared my vehicle to an illegal deleted diesel. Learn to read for comprehension.

The 2013 and on Rams that use DPF and SCR systems don't benefit as much fuel mileage wise from deleting, unlike the earlier, up to 2012 trucks.. Fuel mileage is almost identical unless the truck is in regen mode. The real benefit is that there is no EGR to contaminate the oil, and no reliability issues dues to crappy emission control systems. So yeah, I call BS on that one too.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12