I was always a gm guy and swore I'd never own a ram. But I don't like the new body style gm half tons. So, i did the unthinkable and bought a new body style ram half ton last year. Its the 5.7 hemi with the 8 speed. I always hated Mopar transmissions but I really like this 8 speed. I miss the extra front leg room my 2016 Chevy had but other than that I really like the ram.

My dad always runs a duramax but never keeps them long enough to see how they do long term. He gets a new one about every other year. I've thought about getting a camp trailer and the one I want is 28 ft. I could pull it with a half ton but I may end up finally going 3/4 ton if I get the camper.

I've been wondering lately which diesel is best but wit the new big block gas engine Ford has and Chevy's new 6.6 gaser i may just go with a gas 3/4 ton. The only thing I'd be towing is the camper every other weekend or so in the summer. I'm going to actually look at a Ford super duty with the big gas motor. I like the fact it has a 10 speed. The Chevy 6.6 has only has a 6 speed.

Bb