Originally Posted by lostleader

It seems a bit strange that they might approve this technology on people before a simmilar approach is approved to control beetle larvae feeding on corn roots.

The FDA is usually ridiculously slow to approve any kind of treatment, to the point of it almost being criminal how much they slow walk new therapies. Their refusal to allow experimental drugs to be tested on terminal cancer patients comes to mind. President Trump was right to kick them in the ass and force them to massively accelerate the timeline. A vaccine for Covid needs to be on the market yesterday if for no other reason than it'll placate those that are paralyzed with fear in their parents basement into coming out and going to work again. The lockdowns are killing more people than the virus ever will, the fear that has paralyzed the world for most of the last year has to end. If that means a less than fully tested marginally effective vaccine then so be it, as long as the sheep think it'll help them. We don't have time for the usual FDA approach of slow walking years of testing before approval, our economy will be destroyed before that happens. A reasonable assurance of safety based upon the clinical trials already done is good enough.

I won't be the first to take it but once I'm convinced there aren't any serious side effects I'll take it.