Back in the 90s GlaxoSmithKline came out with a Lyme disease vaccine called Lymerix. I was given the vaccine but it was taken off the market, not because it didn't work or because of any documented problems but because it didn't sell well enough for them to continue making it. It's crazy, people would rather take the chance of getting a chronic debilitating disease than get a vaccine shot. i don't understand that. The dangers of the disease are well known, but people would rather take the chance that they won't get the disease or they get scared off by some rumors of this or that might happen.

I feel the same way with COVID 19. We know that it's highly contagious and that some people will get so sick they will need long-term hospitalizations, many will develop chronic conditions due to damaged organs and some will die. The vaccines are showing to be very effective and I've not heard of any major side-effects other than maybe you'll feel sick for a few days. If a little stick in the arm will prevent me from struggling for breath, anxiety over how it'll progress, and the possibility of death or chronic changes in my body, I'll take my chances with the vaccine and with it the return to a normal way of life. I'd be the first in line if I could and be the Guinea Pig for the pussies who are afraid.