Originally Posted by Mule Deer

One other thing I've noticed is that once we jack up muzzle velocity another 100-150 fps, as in using RL-26 to increase 150-grain bullets in the .270 Winchester to over 3000 fps, is the rifle then recoils more like a 7mm magnum. And one long-time "advantage" of the .270 over various 7mm magnums (and I have used a lot of them, considerably) is less recoil. When a .270 kicks like a 7mm magnum we have lost that.

Recoil was a concern in my light 270's when I saw the velocities RL-26 was producing. Even though I know bullet weight and velocity plus weight of powder charge all equals X amount of recoil, my lightweight 270's don't recoil anything like 7mmRM's I've owned in the past. Yes, I could tell a difference in recoil when going to ~2800 fps to ~3000 fps, but it's still quite tolerable to me. I don't consider myself particularly recoil insensitive and tend to avoid owning heavy recoiling rifles.

Well, there is my sub 7 lb 30-06 AI with 200 gr Partitions. It does kick similar to a 300 WM. But I fully intend to keep it around in case any Zombie Brontosaurus's ever invade......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.