Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
You tards are hilariously predictable in conflating two different issues. I knew with my first post that you'd take to the pounding the keyboard with spittle flying from your gaping mouths.

There are two issues at play. The reasonableness of of protective measures and the efficacy of protective measures. The SD governor said masks don't work. They absolutely do in a number of ways. They are not 100% effective in keeping COVID pathogens from leaving the wearers body and entering the environment, but they do stop some. She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Protective measure work with varying degrees of efficacy. Arguing otherwise is plain damn dumb. The SD governor is a moron for arguing that they don't work. If she argued that they are unreasonable given the overall threat and that she prefers that her citizens make their own choices, she'd have agreement from me.

I think you’re a good guy Paul, it’s your perception that I think is wrong on this.

Do business shutdowns work. Sure if you shutdown every single last business and force people to not leave home and do so on a national level or completely wall off the state. That’s not remotely possible. So in the practical sense business shutdowns (a few selective businesses) while everything else is open and people come and go from there homes daily has no real or practical effect. The Governor is correct.

As I posted before the most common ear loop mask says that it does not protect against Covid or any other virus right on the box. And as I and others have said a see through piece of fabric handled the way most people handle them ie touching them, cross contaminating dashboards, purses ect with the mask and then there own hands either directly by touching the mask or indirectly by touching other things that the mask has came into contact with. We’ve had various shutdowns and mask mandates for months if it works then why is it still spreading? Have you ever seen someone suit up in real biohazard or germ warfare gear? It’s a lot more and a lot more technical than Joe public and the kids strapping a paper thin ear loop mask on.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 11/24/20.