Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Outdoor Edge replaceable blade knife with the orange grippy handle so I won't set it down and lose it. Love it. Have plenty of good knives too, but I just don't like sharpening knives anymore.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like that one too. Can skin a couple deer before blade needs changing out, and blades are fairly cheap. I keep an old Buck Vanguard for the heavy-duty cuts.

Gutted and skinned 4 bucks last week with that knife.

Just for kicks, I touched the blade up on the Spyderco Sharpmaker after each deer and it only took about 30 seconds to get the blade shaving sharp again. The same blade, has been used to gut and skin 6 deer now. I know those replaceable blade knives have no "soul", but they sure are convenient. And I actually enjoy sharpening a knife.

+3

I’ve done a couple of moose and a few deer with the same blade, running it over a honing steel from time to time. The nice thing about these OE blades is that they’re sturdy enough to break apart a deer sternum, and they can be sharpened a bit so you can prolong blade replacement. Blade changes are easy and safe, too. When the edge gets too dull to bring back with some honing, I swap it out. Used this way, blades are very cheap and a bulk pack will get a guy a lot of cutting.