Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
What I liked about Anticosti was hunting with two feet on the ground, and not bumping into posted signs or other hunters! A real treat!

Or hearing absolutely NOTHING but nature.

Longbeardking;
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours this morning sir.

Before commenting on the silence you spoke of, I'll add my voice to those who always enjoy your annual Anticosti hunt reports immensely.

I do for a number of reasons, one of which is it's neat to see folks hunting in places which are so very different from anything I've ever hunted or am likely to either for that matter. For instance we saw a grand total of 7 whitetail deer during our 3 month hunting season this fall - for the second year now we've seen more moose than whitetail - so the thought of being able to poke around in the bush and see multiple deer is something we just have never had here.

As well as I age I take posts like yours as a source of encouragement that I too might be able to still be hunting in my 70's. Please understand I mean that in the most positive way possible too sir, but my lineage is such that the men typically don't make that age, much less hunt into that age bracket, you know?

Anyways on the silence thing, some mornings on the mountain behind the house, it's so quiet that it almost hurts the ears. Especially early in the day before the wind picks up it's so still that the first raven's wing beat can be almost loud and intrusive.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving to you folks.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"