Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
What I liked about Anticosti was hunting with two feet on the ground, and not bumping into posted signs or other hunters! A real treat!

Or hearing absolutely NOTHING but nature.

What's the drive like from NH? I assume it's a ferry over? Certainly on the list and I sure enjoy your pictures every year. We're joining you in NH in about 28 months. grin

When we go, we make a vacation of it. The actual drive from NH to Mont Joli Quebec is a little over 600 miles. From 2003 until about 2010 we drove straight through. After that be break it into two legs. We drive a little less than half way and stay the night in Drummondville, Quebec. Then the next day we drive a little over 300 miles to Mont Joli where we stay for at least 3 nights and tour the Gaspe Peninsula. Then we always fly from Mont joli to Port Menier on Anticosti. There is a ferry, but you would never connect with your guide on the island for the 90+ mile ride to hunting camp. We are just praying for the border with Canada opens so we can get there next year. Sepaq wanted to refund our money for the 2020 hunt that just ended on 11/24 but I told them to keep the money and re -book for 2021. Here's hoping. Are you moving to NH?

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5