Anticosti is a great hunt. I hunted Jupiter 12 (that is - he camp is twelve miles up the Jupiter River) a number of years back and rank it up there with some of my best Arican safaris. Why? It was unique. Great, classic North Woods still hunting and stalking. Although they do have some blinds and stands for hunters not so mobile, you go there to classic still hunt and to move through the evergreens spotting and tracking. The guides are all good woodsmen but will let you do your thing if you ask.

The island sits in the middle of the St. Lawrence Seaway. It is about 125 miles long and 25 miles wide. It has only about 250 people as year around residents. White tailed deer were introduced on the island in 1895. They thrived and there is now something like 30 deer per square mile. There are no natural preditors. No bear, no wolves.

There are BIG deer there. Like all big bucks, they got big by being smart and nocturnal. In my camp several 12+ 180-200lb deer were taking in a four day hunt. Four days is not long if you are trophy hunting.

My advise is to go there for the experince and to bring back the meat. Note: bringing it back is mediatory. I boxed up 2 roughly butchered bucks in ice and put them on the airplane with my stuff. They didn't bat an eye at in Canada nor did US Customs in Toronto. If you can drive to Mt. Jolie and fly over and back. you can load your trunk up and take off. My bucks were 6 pointes and about 140 lbs. I saw bigger, but nt when I could get a shot. As a No Ch itt end to the hunt, the last day we were all in vehicles about a mile from camp headed to the airport with a 16 point #220 lb class monster ran across the road in front of us. the moaning and cussing was what you'd expect. smile

I promise you will see beaucoup deer in 4 days. Everybody takes 2 home. The guides will put you on them or track or still hunt with you. Tracking in new snow was as exciting as for me as tracking cape buffalo. You could tell the tracks were fresh, and that you were not far behind. Beats the hell out of sitting in a windy tree stand overlooking a food plot on some farm here.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo