Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Westernmassman
What I liked about Anticosti was hunting with two feet on the ground, and not bumping into posted signs or other hunters! A real treat!

Or hearing absolutely NOTHING but nature.

Longbeardking;
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours this morning sir.

Before commenting on the silence you spoke of, I'll add my voice to those who always enjoy your annual Anticosti hunt reports immensely.

. For instance we saw a grand total of 7 whitetail deer during our 3 month hunting season this fall - for the second year now we've seen more moose than whitetail

As well as I age I take posts like yours as a source of encouragement that I too might be able to still be hunting in my 70's. Please understand I mean that in the most positive way possible too sir, but my lineage is such that the men typically don't make that age, much less hunt into that age bracket, you know?

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving to you folks.

Dwayne

Dwayne,
Thank you for the post. I remember when I was young, nothing mattered when I was hunting. I saw a mountain and I climbed it. Now I see it and wonder if it's worth it. I am with you. EVERY male before me died in their early 60's. Here I am soon to be 76 and still going strong within reason. Somedays I am hunting and I get away with something I would have done in my younger years, I look up and say out loud "Thank you God". I take nothing for granted. The only problem I encounter is getting myself to a point where I ask myself, "what would you do if you got a deer down"? Since November 1st I have hunted almost every day and have seen 0 deer. My wife and I NEED to get back to Anticosti. The guide gives us a ride ibn, or we take 4 wheelers and we hunt on our on and do what we want. We love it.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5