Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’d probably try some 200 Accubonds myself with H4350, RL17, RL16 or RL26 and see what comes out. That 9 twist should keep them spinning pretty fast and expanding well to at least 700.

Sounds like a sweet rifle, congrats.

Scotty, honestly, would you pick the 200 accubond over something like the 175 LRX? From my experience, the 300WSM isn't a screamer. Sure, it will push a 200gr bullet, but its a known fact that the 200 really interferes with case capacity of the short bastid..

My old 300 WSM would do over 2900 with the 200 AB and Partitions with a few powders. I’d pick the 200 AB simply cause it has a really great track record by me and others I hunt with. I know it’ll expand at longer ranges and it’ll also hold up on closer range hits as well. No fly’s on the LRX either, it might be a better bullet, but I’ve seen the 200 AB in action many times and it’s worked really well.

Federal 200 grain TLR or whatever they call it would be another I’d rank pretty high.

Thanks Scotty. I never could get those speeds from 3 different 300wsm's. They were damn accurate, but not nearly as fast as a 300wm... I never tried RL17 since accuracy was always very good with H4350. I need to get some RL17 for my 7mm08 as well...Its almost impossible to find around here though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA