Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
I just look at the intended animal hunted and work backwards most of the time. Since I hunt elk and deer I tend to shoot heavier for caliber bullets since the added BC helps with my crap wind calls and if I’m not using a blazing fast rifle like my 300 RUM Hornady ELD, or similar have been working well.

The 200 grain Accubond is a wicked beast though. It isn’t real high in BC but it ain’t bad. If I could make Noslers ABLR shoot, their 210 would be really danged nice for an added jump in aero’s.. unfortunately I must suck cause I can’t make them reliably print like I can with others.

How times have changed 6-7 yes ago the 200gr AB was the cats ass when it came to it’s at the time high BC..

The 30 cal guys had to do something to compete with the higher bc pills the man bun wearing guys were shooting... One thing I know about the 30 cal magnum shooters is they are a tenacious bunch. It takes a pretty good azz whipping to convince them of something. And then even then, they still keep trying to compete.... The only real way for them to do it is super heavy rifles, muzzle brakes, and 230+gr bullets... They just like getting azz whippings I guess... I gave in. I wear a man bun now...

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by beretzs
I just look at the intended animal hunted and work backwards most of the time. Since I hunt elk and deer I tend to shoot heavier for caliber bullets since the added BC helps with my crap wind calls and if I’m not using a blazing fast rifle like my 300 RUM Hornady ELD, or similar have been working well.

The 200 grain Accubond is a wicked beast though. It isn’t real high in BC but it ain’t bad. If I could make Noslers ABLR shoot, their 210 would be really danged nice for an added jump in aero’s.. unfortunately I must suck cause I can’t make them reliably print like I can with others.

How times have changed 6-7 yes ago the 200gr AB was the cats ass when it came to it’s at the time high BC..

The 30 cal guys had to do something to compete with the higher bc pills the man bun wearing guys were shooting... One thing I know about the 30 cal magnum shooters is they are a tenacious bunch. It takes a pretty good azz whipping to convince them of something. And then even then, they still keep trying to compete.... The only real way for them to do it is super heavy rifles, muzzle brakes, and 230+gr bullets... They just like getting azz whippings I guess... I gave in. I wear a man bun now...

Well im not all that sure about the azz kicking part.
Im of the opinion that the 10 shot heavy gun 1000 yd group record set at Williamsport a decade ago with a 300 WSM still stands.
And i think you might find it was set with a 210 Berger.
Certainly the 6 mm Dashers are the favorite there today, except when the wind is blowing pretty well.