Originally Posted by Azshooter
YoBuck,

The record you mention got beaten recently with another 300 WSM! Technically it is pending....

Arizona benchrest ace Charles Greer drilled a remarkable 2.862″ 10X group, beating all known 1000-Yard HG records on the books. If this record is approved (which is likely), Greer’s .300 WSM can rightfully lay claim to being the most accurate 1000-yard gun in history.

The group is perfectly centered for an amazing score 100-10X. The group was range measured at 2.642 inches. For reference, the 1000-yard X-Ring is 3.00″ in diameter.

Load Details: Norma .300 WSM brass, Alliant Reloder 23 powder, Federal 210M primers, Berger 220gr LR Hybrid bullets at 2800 FPS

The range in Pennsylvania is less than an hour from me. I was there once when I was 12 with the guy that owned the gun shop I hung out at. 40 some years ago! Cool experience! If I remember correctly he was shooting a 7mm Rem Mag at the time. Neatest part was being at the target and putting the red disks on the holes so the shooters knew where they were hitting. You stayed right in the trench under the target and pulled the target down to mark and never interrupted other shooters, just the guy your were spotting for.

It was cold, i had a hot chocolate, a hot dog and some Chuckles. Funny the things you remember… :-)

Last edited by 450BM; 01/24/22.