In the last 18 months I've accumulated four bows in the following sequence,

1 - Toelke Whip, 40#. I started at 10 yards, 20 arrows a day. In about a month I was up to about 100 arrows per day, 15-20 yards

2 - Bodnik Slick Stick 35#. Wanted something lighter draw for more arrows, better form work. Very lightweight bow, about 16 ounces. Maybe too light to be considered a great starter bow. It's is not 'forgiving'.

3 - Bodnik Slick Stick 50#. Liked the 35# so much I 'needed' one with real killing power, and also a heavier weight 'workout' bow to build my strength.

4 - Samick Discovery 45#. After gaining some basic skill, I just had an itch to try a recurve, and an ILF, so that happened. Later I added a second set of limbs at 30#, for a great lightweight indoor garage bow for the winter, where my range is limited to 14 yards.

I've kind of settled down on the buying lately. I shoot mostly with the 35# Slick Stick, and the Samick Discovery with the 30# limbs. The lighter draw weight is just a lot more fun for me, especially for shooting a good number of arrows.

With the lighter bows, I'll shoot 100+ in a session. With the 45/50# bows I'll usually call it good at 50 or 60 or so, and then maybe pick up a light bow and shoot some more.