Huntz you popped any WT Deer yet with your 6CM? Sounds like you have a winner. 8 twist?

I agree above, as good as the 6's are....for hunting big game, I think the 6.5 will always be more popular, but time will tell for deer and hogs, both being very capable. I have always preferred the larger 6.5 over 6 if only for bore life, but do like the slightly flatter trajectory you can get with lighter 6 bullets with good BC. To me it's perhaps a great balance of performance and bore life in a 6mm that will feed easily without magazine mods.

Re: JB's stats on various rounds on Elk, no doubt, many tools will work when used properly. As always, good bullets thru vitals = success.

Yes, a say Tikka could run a similar long actioned round at a trade off of higher recoil like the 270, 7RM, etc. The extra range time with the lower recoiling 6.5 should help folks gain confidence and marksmanship skills. If I wanted to take Elk routinely at long ranges, I might opt for a say 7RM, but most of my shots are well within CM range.