Charlie - NY;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you and all that matter well.

Thanks for sharing your Shooting Chrony testing, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Back in the day when the Shooting Chrony first came out my good wife bought one for me and I used it with reasonable success ever since, but occasionally it'd have an odd reading day.

This spring, I happened to bump into a shooting buddy at the range and he had a much newer version than mine, but he said he was regularly getting screwy readings from it so asked if we could piggy back the units for the sake of science and all. wink

While I could go drag out my notes from range day, going off of my memory it went something like this....

The first rifle we tried was a .22 rimfire and his gave consistently slower velocities than mine did, but with a couple different types of ammo it seemed pretty consistent so we were both more or less okay.

Then we tried his 17HRM and again his was slower than mine was and the spread was about the right percentage difference so we were still not terribly concerned.

Up next I torched off a few test loads with my 6.5x55 and now mine was "a whole lot" slower than his and I knew something was up because I'd tried a new can of powder which resulted in enough pressure to loosen the primer pocket. Something was rotten in Denmark...

Finally I ran my .308 Norma across them and again they didn't agree and the spread was more than 150fps as I recall.

So after chatting about life and family, he said he was ordering a Magneto Speed, I intended to get a Pro Chrono and we were going to meet again for a re-run of the data! laugh

Thus far I've used the Pro Chrono about 3 or 4 times and am very pleased with it, but haven't piggy backed it with my old Shooting Chrony, I suppose just not seeing the point, you know?

Anyways, that's how it all went for us up here across the medicine line with our chronograph science experiments this year.

All the best to you all this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"