Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I think it would have been ideal to have been born around 1930 resulting in being about 15 at the end of world war II. From there I would have been ahead of the population bubble of boomers and enjoy a life of buying cheap housing, real estate, and most types of investing, always being ahead of the wave of boomers needs driving prices up.

I would have been old enough to have been an adult during the 50's and 60's to have enjoyed the golden era of western mule deer hunting, as well as the horse power race of OHV V-8 engine cars, and
fast and easy women from the era after the pill but before aids.

If a guy was born in 1930 and still alive today, he would be 90. Old enough to enjoy his grand children growing up and starting their older families before leaving behind the world and technology.

+10 this these folks had common sense and all attended various schools of hardknocks. You didn't see young guys walking around with their ball cap backwards, pants halfway down their ass either. Mb

That may have been OK if you were in a a Star Trek frozen pod for the first 20 years. You might want to do some research on how hard it was to live through the depression, then WWII. The few years after WWII weren’t without their time of scarcity either.

When you consider how the depression had no silver lining, WWII was a life of rations and no luxuries, I would bet by the time you were 20, you would wish you were born then and not sooner.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.