Soft suburbanite? LOL

This soft suburbanite has hand stacked 1000 bales of hay in a day on many, many occasions.

From the seventh grade on I and my younger brother and sister were up at five each morning to feed and milk cows before school and repeated chores after school before bed.

Chores were done in a three walled barn, whether the temp was 110 degrees or 20 below zero. Critters get fed, milked, and watered, regardless of weather conditions.

About half of you guys pining for previous centuries would have never seen your third birthday had you been born then. No vaccines, no antibiotics, typhus, pneumonia, small pox, measles, scarlet fever, syphilis, gonorrhea, polio, tetanus, strep, rabies, staff, diptheria, mumps, pertussis, famines, lethal bacterial infections in any wound. Had you made it to adulthood, you could have watched children die in infancy, and wives die in childbirth. Yes, real romantic!

How about Ireland in 1847? Would that not be a fine time to be born, or better yet, a fine time to try and keep your children alive?

Or Russia, anytime between 1910 and 1970?

Why do you think it took 100,000 years for human population to reach the first billion, but only a few decades after the invention of vaccine, antibiotics, and mechanized farming to hit eight billion?

I have said it many times. Compared to our ancestors of 100 years ago, or 1000 years, or 5000 years, we have achieved heaven on this Earth.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.