Here's one for you.

I bought a rifle the week before Christmas (a cherry 1939-vintage Enfield No.2 MkIV. .22 caliber British Army training rifle, and yes I have a C&R FFL), that came to Maryland from NJ- 3 hours away. It arrived yesterday, the 4th, via USPS. I could've (should've) driven up and got it. The clincher was I found the package yesterday morning laying on the patio in front of the front door, in a puddle of water, in the rain. It had evidently been delivered sometime Sunday night, of all things. "Adult signature required." Hah! "We ain't got time for that!" No [bleep].

The box was soaking wet and literally fell apart when I picked it up. After frantically tearing it open I found the rifle safely ensconced in about 15 layers of bubble wrap- safe and sound, dry as a bone, and none the worse from spending 2 weeks in the hands of the Postal Service. I thought of raising hell with the folks at the PO but thought better of it- would they behave similarly in future out of spite? Since no harm was done would I have a leg to stand on?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty