Originally Posted by Starman
How the child sees the adults cope with it can be important... as often is the case actions/example speak louder than words.

This is exactly why I suggested to the ex that I wanted my daughter over here to get a break form it all - at least for a little while. My G-d, the women in that family wail like crazed Iranian women and I didn't want my daughter exposed to all that ridiculous behavior - it's simply not right and I don't want my daughter getting the idea that such behavior is acceptable.

Of course, the ex dismissed my concerns outright, just like she has done with everything I've ever suggested to her - only to later realize I was correct in my suggestions and assessments - each and ever time. Now I've got to once again counteract the ex and her shortsighted crazy beliefs, which my daughter has been exposed to.

And if that's not bad enough, I'm now dealing with the fallout of her mother's anti-gun, anti-outdoor, anti-fishing, anti-camping, pro-gay, pro-illegal immigration attitudes which have begun to rub off on my daughter. She no longer wants to go to the ranch or shoot the .22 anymore! ...and she now thinks "Mexican" is a bad word! mad Though, to her credit, she does vote Republican and calls herself a Conservative.

This all puts me into a very difficult situation. I cannot bad-mouth her mother too much at all, and I'm finding it difficult to explain things to her in a short and concise manner. She used to love doing all the things that I mentioned above, yet she has been spending more time with her mother and now, at 10 years old, she doesn't seem to want to hear any of it and she's beginning to pull away. For crying out loud, the ex thinks it's a good idea to send her back to school, where she'll be required to wear a mask 7-8 hrs/day! I told her that I'll be dammed if I will let those commie bastards turn my daughter into a good apparatchik.

Sorry - end of rant.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/11/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue