I built a 300 WSM custom around a Predator action, and eventually it turned out very nice. I had some feeding problems and had a good friend do some modifying. He changed the angle of the feed ramp and installed a small sleeve on the front of the bolt just behind the lugs.(I wanted three in the basement and this seemed to cause some of the problem.) When I had the bolt pulled all the way back and started to push forward to pick up the case, the nose of the bullet wanted to dip and not feed. If I used my thumb on the back of the bolt shroud and put downward pressure on it, the action would feed perfectly. It seemed to me that the rear of the raceway is short in length and wanted to bind when fully opened. The bolt sleeve pretty much solved this problem for my particular action. I can now put three down below and the rifle cycles very smooth.

This is my first Predator action, and I cannot comment on the Borden actions as I've never handled one. I do know that this rifle will shoot... I took it to the range just before it was closing and was only able to get off 15 rounds. It shot better than I expected; my last 2 three shot groups with 168gr. TSX's were .500 and .437" at 100 yards. Not to shabby for a 7 3/4 pound hunting rifle with hunting bullets and only 15 bullets down the tube.

I love this rifle with the Predator action, as I do my Nesika, Winchester and Remmy actioned rifles. All of these actions with a quality tube, stock, trigger etc... provide us with quite a bit of enjoyment, interest, confusion, and as observed... controversy. In the right hands, and the right smith, ALL are quite capable of extaordinary accuracy. TL

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson