As I understand it, Stiller�s goal in producing the Predator was to offer the market a choice for an accurate hunting rifle. Stiller has several bench rest actions and was not trying to build a cheaper BR action. The Predator is priced little more than where you would be if you purchased a NEW Rem 700 action and had it trued, timed, boring the raceway and sleeves on the bolt with the work done by a good smith.

I have no doubt that Mr. Kampfeld could take an average Rem 700, do the above work and have it tighter and as true or truer than the average Predator. I also doubt that the average Rem 700 is tighter and truer that any Predator. Don�t assume that I don�t like Remington rifles. At this time I have six center fire Remington rifles. They include 700, 600, 660 and a 788. None feel as tight as my two Predators. Also don�t assume that the average smith could match Mr. Kampfeld�s skill. I know that there are none within an hours drive of where I live that could.

Of course all of my Remingtons are used and have been exposed to the rain, dust and mud. And I am sure they have loosened up some over the years. However the 600 and 660 were built by national known smiths, trued and slicked up but not sleeved. These two custom guns are not as smooth as my Predators. My Predators have not been out in the weather. Only one is a complete gun and has been hunted only 18 total days.

But had the weather turned bad with wind blown sand, I have no doubt my Predator would still work as it was built to take a little grit and keep working. Where a tighter action would jam. Guys, that it what Mr. Stiller is building and selling. A hunting action that it very accurate and will handle hunting conditions without jamming.

I that is what I bought. TWICE!!!

One other point, very few custom guns will recover their cost when you sell them. A custom build on a Predator will bring more of it�s original cost than a reworked 700.

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member