Man, I am gone a week and all hell breaks loose. I am not sure where the Predator having looser tolerances than a Remington came from, but I can insure you that is not the case. The bolt to raceway fit should be .0035 to .0055. Unless someone has buffed off the armoloy or done something to an action, .010 should never occur. IF that is the case and it is unaltered, I will take care of it. Maybe the wire cut oversize or something and it wasnt caught, but that should never happen. As for the TOLERANCES, they are basically the same as the benchrest action. That does not mean the CLEARANCES are though. Different thing all together. The Predator has more bolt clearance on purpose. That way a little grit wont cause bolt lockup or galling. As for square, the boltface is in the .0002 perpendicularity as is the front of the action to its bolt hole. The headspace is usually within .001, but may go to .002. The Predator is a very good action and built the same way our benchrest series actions are. It has the added feature of the anti-bind rail to make it smoother crossing the port the with the bolt clearances that it has, a feature that not many of my competitors have. I could build the bolt with a .001 clearance like our benchrest actions have or some of my competitors. When you are looking down the scope at that big royal elk and get a piece of grit or leaf in the bolt and miss the shot, you would probably be really cussing me though. In all the actions we have built into rifles, we havent really seen any difference in accuracy with bolt fits in the .006 or less range. The tighter fits on the benchrest actions make them smoother etc, but may or may not really help accuracy. I had to admit it, but some of the best shooting guns I have seen on the line at a benchrest match may be an old worn out Panda with more bolt clearance then anyone cares to admit to. That being said, I still prefer you buy a Viper over a Panda wink