[quote=HughW
The reason for asking is I had polio with a direct impact of a smaller shorter leg leg and a curved spine. Now at 69 I am starting to have weakness in both legs, a hip issue (most likely due to the imbalance of leg lengths) and more shortness of breath issues. In seeing a physiotherapist that works with people that have had polio she advised that part of my breathing capacity could be due to polio in the spine as long term research has found that for people that had the disease in the upper body there was a high probability of reduced lung capacity as they aged. This does not show up as lung scarring just reduced capacity
[/quote]
I am 77. I could take your entire paragraph and put my name on it.In my early teens I was exposed to my cousin for an entire week the before he was diagnosed with it.Later a doctor told me I most likely contracted a milder case of it as the entire left side of my body quit growing for about 6 months. Now I am lop sided and my right side has given me problems because of it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles