Originally Posted by logcutter
I too stocked up some years ago on .22 ammo especially when I got a Henry 22 levergun...So fun to shoot and accurate also...

Jayco 👍

My stocking up on .22 took a few different forms, or rather existed on three levels. Firstly, since the late 1970s, I liked to keep lots of .22 on hand, and would buy a couple of bricks whenever they went on sale locally. This tended to build up over the years, because I accumulated faster than I shot .22 rimfire. Secondly, after the Post-Sandy Hook shortage ended (I was situated okay for that shortage, but not as well as I would have liked had I anticipated it), I started accumulating .22 at a higher rate than I had been in the habit of doing previously, so I'd buy 500 round boxes here and there and stash them away. But as I saw prices really come down, and knowing that a presidential election was coming up, in late 2019 I purchased a 10,000 round case of Remington Thunderbolt to add to my existing stockpile of about 15,000, bringing my total stockpile of .22 rimfire up to about 25,000. If I chose to be frugal with this, and only shot a thousand rounds a year, it would last 25 years. If I wanted to splurge and shoot, say, 2,500 rounds a year (a little over 50 rounds a week), that's ten years of ammo stowed away.