I had a horde of powder, primers, brass and projectiles. And then we moved. Our shipper wouldn’t allow powder or primers so I grudgingly sold my unopened powder off and gave away the open cans. Primers I smuggled some in inconspicuous places in the container, not all of them but a few thousand anyway. Looking back I should have put the powder in a sea chest and buried it in the container, they didn’t inspect anything, too late now.

Anyway we moved from somewhere that had enough gun shops and gun shows that I made a weekly circuit after I got off at noon on Saturday. Down here we have our choice of gun shops anywhere from 40 to 80 miles away for the convenient ones, the rest are further or in the city I try to avoid. That coupled with my cheapness making me not want to pay hazmat had me kind of complacent as far as restocking. When I worked on the road I’d grab a pound or two of powder here or there or a brick of primers so I never ran out but I wasn’t buying the quantities I should have been.

Now I’m still buying and have accepted that hazmat shipping is a necessary evil. But I’m not paying crack prices for anything. Bullets, powder, and primers are out there to be had if you don’t hesitate and they aren’t any higher than normal if you’re getting them from Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, Etc.

I’m not stocking up for a war, just figure it’s not a bad idea to have plenty for my son to be able to grow up shooting like I did.