Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by hookeye
As with anything, buy low and sell high.

Yep. Those who stockpiled while prices were low (like during the years 2019) and are selling for current market price are not gougers. They're simply taking profits while the going is good. If it were stocks or gold, we'd applaud them for being smart investors.

Except we don’t have the ability to order from the distributors to cut out the middle man like the LGS does. Anyone can buy a stock or gold, ammo has a middle man (or two) that gets his cut. I wouldn’t sell mine for the going rate because I can’t replace it at reasonable cost. I’m not in the position to sell but I have enough to shoot at normal levels for a year or two. My range trips are limited now and I m mindful of how much i shoot when there because I don’t know when this shortage will end and I don’t want to be in the position of many others who don’t have and must pay the piper.

Have a buddy who recently bought an AR and gets upset when I joke that the selling price for my ammonia the going rate. If SHTF I would give him a fair share at no cost but I have 2 boys in my family and I have to supply them to practice as well. What’s the saying? Lack or preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.