Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
one thing that is going on, that is driving prices upward, is folks are selling their 'stash't to local gun shops. I have personally seen it happen. In one case, 9mm was sold to the store for .75 a round. The store will sell it for over a dollar a round.

I saw a gun shop bidding and buying bulk ammo the other day. He was scarfing bulk ammo up.

I have no doubt he'll break open the cases and sell 20 round boxes much higher.

Really don't have a big problem with that, mostly because if he didn't have a market, he wouldn't be doing it.

You can't really impress on people that they need to stock up when prices are low, and ammo is flowing like a river...

You can say it over and over, and people just don't listen. History doesn't teach those type anything.

Those types that DON'T stock up are the same ones squealing like a pig under a gate when they are out or low on ammo. whistle

Just went to a match. Talked to some old friends. They are 2-3 years ahead on supplies and ammo as they should be.

For us, for the most part, IE normal shooting, you don't need to shoot all the time. Once you know how, you know how. Winning matches is different.

That said once we quit matches I rarely ever shoot other than the check sights. Anything else is a waste of ammo.

I get it that some just like to plink. If you didn't see this coming like the huge freight train with big headlights, then you just can't shoot. You need to learn to dry fire. Holding exercises. Shoot rimfire. If that. Pellet guns are SUPER trainers. Though I hear pellets and bbs are getting tough too.

There are ways around this.

And you can even shoot hogs in the head with FMJ. grins. I'd not hesitate a second to shoot a hog with a mag full of FMJ if thats what I had. Just have to use CNS shots.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....